- 8 oz ground pork or turkey
- 7 oz fine egg noodles
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 green onions, chopped finely
- 8 oz hot chicken stock
- 2 green onions, chopped - for garnish
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp dry sherry or sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- Whisk the marinade ingredients together in a bowl
- Add the pork (turkey) and stir well to mix.
- Cover and let marinate for about 30 minutes
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions; drain thoroughly
- Heat the wok until hot
- Add the oil and heat over moderate heat until hot
- Add the pork and spring onions and stir-fry for about 5 minutes or until the meat loses its pink colour
- Pour in the stock and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then add drained noodles.
- Stir-fry for 1 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed and the noodles are hot
- Sprinkle with spring onions and serve at once.
Source: Wright, Jeni, 1990, Sainsburys Wok and Stir-Fry, Sainsbury, London, p.55