- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 cup cold mashed potatoes
- 1 cup sour milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine the ingredients in the order given.
- Pour into two greased and lined 9" layer pans and bake in 350 oven for 35 minutes, or until done.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then turn out and cool on racks.
- Fill and ice with "Incredible Chocolate Icing". We like to add raspberry jam between the layers for extra flavour.
From: Out of Old Nova Scotia Kitchens