- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, sliced very thin
- Salt an pepper
- 1 large avocado
- 2 eggs
- Warm corn tortillas
- Pre-heat oven to 425
- Lightly toast cumin until fragrant in an oven proof frying pan.
- Add olive oil, onion and garlic, cooking till soft.
- Add tomatoes and salt and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut avocado in half, discard pit and peel.
- Remove tomato mixture from heat and nestle avocado halves in the mixture, cut side up.
- Crack an egg into each avocado, season with salt an pepper.
- Bake in oven till egg is cooked to your desire, approx. 15 minutes
- Serve on warm tortilla
Adapted from Food52.