Saturday, July 9, 2011

Mystery Box Challenge # 1

Hilary and I have been enjoying season 2 of Master Chef.  One of my favorite things that they do is the Mystery Box Challenge.  The contestants have 60 minutes to make one stunning dish from only the ingredients in the box.

So to help me along my journey of cooking (and photography) Hilary has set up a mystery challenge for me!  I do get more than 60 minutes AND I get to Google ideas AND she will help me if I need her!

Here is my first challenge:




Ingredients:

  • Pork Tenderloin
  • Shiitake mushrooms
  • Figs
  • Sweet Onion
  • Orzo
  • Beet Greens
  • Tomatoes
  • Anchovies (not pictured, they were added as an after thought)

And to give me some extra help, Hilary is also giving me ideas on the final dishes:

  • Stuffed pork tenderloin with Fig jam and carmalized onions
  • Sour Orzo with beet greens
So wish me luck and watch for an update tomorrow on how it all turns out!

1 comment: